Season eight of Supernatural begins with Dean’s return from Purgatory one year after having killed Dick Roman. He doesn’t return alone, however, and Dean’s first order of business is to return Benny’s soul to his remains. While it’s a bit shocking to realize that Dean has a vampire for a friend, we learn through flashbacks that Benny was a loyal friend to Dean in Purgatory and was the one who showed him how to get out. Dean and Sam are finally reunited back at Rufus’s cabin, though it’s never quite explained how Sam knew to come to the cabin. We learn that Sam has quit hunting and didn’t look for Dean or try to get him out of Purgatory. Sam hit a dog, met a girl, and settled down with her.
Read More @Spoilertv.com
Posts Tagged ‘recap’
Tags: CW, recap, season 8, Supernatural
Tags: bitten, recap
‘Bitten”….. how to begin?! This honestly wasn’t a favorite but I didn’t hate it to the point of changing channels! With that said, from twitterville: most people hated the episode with approximately 1 out of 5-6 liking it with a handful loving it! SpoilerTV posted a poll which I’ve included so vote! “Bitten” at first watch stands by itself but delivers emotional tie ins paralleling the Winchesters. Written by Robbie Thompson and beautifully directed by Thomas Wright, Supernatural pushed the fandom’s tolerance as usual. The biggest complaint was not enough Sam and Dean and I confess, that too is MY only negative thought. So onto thoughts and a recap!
“Bitten” opens with Sam and Dean discovering a bloody corpse and blood painted walls that were also a person. Finding a sticky note with “play me” on a computer, a young woman, Kate(Brit Sheridan), narrates the story. Kate meets Brian(Leigh Parker) and Michael(Brandon Jones) making a video which they have no theme as yet. Filming, the boys close in on a group of women until a cute feisty blonde aggressively approaches the two young men with her own camera. Seems she’s a camera fan too thus beginning the love story between her and one of the men, Michael. Brian of the duo, records himself saying, “In a world where nothing is as it seems…” laying down the ominous tale of this human/monster story which parallels the Winchesters.
* Kate and Michael hook up with lots of kissing through the episode. My question: why is this never the Winchesters?
* Kate dreams of being a lawyer, Brian thinks he’ll work for HBO and Michael desires to sail the seven seas with Kate at his side. Dreams for the future, just as Sam has always expressed. Dean, not so much.
* Sam and Dean introduce themselves at the initial crime scene as Agents Rose and Hudson. The kids record the introduction between the Winchesters and the local law. Quite the perspective watching the boys work without us being right in the middle of it! I prefer immersion! FYI: Did anyone else yell over Sam’s scruffy face?
* The hand-held cameras go ‘Blair Witch’ everywhere. While brainstorming upside down from a tree, the two men see Dean and Sam disagreeing about “this is a case” “this isn’t a case”. The guys laugh that the FBI agents have some kinda office romance going on. These bromance bits are hilarious and never get old!
* After viewing a bully getting rejected, the bully chases Brian and Michael into the woods where they’ve run separately but something attacks Michael. Fuzzy here but it seems that Brian scares the ‘whatever’ off before Michael’s heart gets ripped out. Michael fortunately taped the attack which includes a clue to his attacker. Brian decides to document Michael for his video.
* Michael’s bite heals supernaturally and leaves him with superhuman strength which makes Brian jealous. This threesome wasn’t going to end well from the beginning scene of Kate choosing Micheal with Brian looking on.
* Dean and Sam knock on the kids’ door for questioning later and Kate films the conversation. The three realize that the suits aren’t FBI but are hunting something not human, whatever is killing people.
* Watching Michael’s attack on video, Brian discovers a frat pin, recognizes the owner and confronts the man. The professor is a “pure blood” which mostly means he can control his heart eating desires. Brian threatens death with a silver blade unless the prof bites him which the prof does. Brian sets up a camera in the prof’s office for his safety but the footage clues the college threesome in on Sam and Dean being hunters.
* The Winchesters burst into the prof’s office for questioning but the teacher is wolfing out. Dean kills him, the prof says a grateful “thank you” as he dies indicating his conflicting human/monster life. The werewolf professor had survived without killing anyone but tells Brian that he’s always tempted to kill for human hearts. Thus the monster dilemma the Winchesters face each week: to kill or not to kill and who judges which monsters get to live.
* Brian returns home to find Kate and Michael packing up to escape the hunters. Brian’s in love
photo @leighparkerwith Kate, tries to alpha up and a wolf fight ensues. Brian stabs Michael with his silver blade and Kate goes ballistic. Brian responds by biting her which she then embraces only to decorate the wall with Brian’s blood and bits!
* This is where Dean and Sam enter initially, finding Michael’s body and Brian’s movie on the computer wrapped by Kate. After viewing the documentary which ends with Kate imploring the boys to leave her alone, Sam expects to hunt her. Dean seems to be mentally taken up with something. They weigh her case with what they’ve learned: Kate has the ability to control her appetite for humans, she has yet to eat a human heart, and she desires to live life normally. The Winchester guidelines for letting monsters live or not. Also, Dean’s not shocked by the kids assuming a relationship with Sam but more interested in knowing if he really says ‘awesome’ too much!
* Kate implores the hunters to let her go, she promises never to hurt a human. She pleads her case that Michael wasn’t always a monster and that none of them chose this for themselves. This of course is Sam’s seasonal conflict: he was forced into hunting, he now wants to stop. Dean is embracing his inner warrior much like Brian wanted to have superhuman powers.
I personally am neutral about the episode. I prefer seeing the Winchesters more but I enjoyed the ep for the innovative approach which the Supernatural writers are known for. Please take the SpoilerTV poll! Til next week, see ya!
POLL : What did you think of “Bitten”? http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/poll-what-did-you-think-of-supernatural_25.html … …
Milo Greene “Whats the Matter” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLGiimdaUzk&feature=related
Tags: CW, episode 21, episode 22, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Jim Beaver, mark sheppard, Misha Collins, recap, season finale, sebastian roché, Supernatural
Alright Fans…. don’t know about you but what the writers believe to be cliffhanging & what I think is cliffhanging, may be two totally different views!! The Lisa/Ben storyline totally gone! So not in the way in which I pictured! Did the demon tell the truth? Is Ben Dean’s kid? The writers, bless their small, black hearts, through Crowley, “your kid, a kid”?! We will never know! Heartbreakingly, Dean gives Lisa/Ben their lives back after Dean saves them from Crowley & crew! Lisa with demon, stabs herself & ends the family story of Dean, Lisa & Ben. Castiel heals Lisa & still tries to help Dean by whitewashing their memories of Dean. Seriously, how much more can Dean sacrifice?! We see Dean facially speaking volumes! This may be a 2 epsiode finale but I cannot separate them! So…..
We see Castiel in your “I’m your family” face!, trying to convince Dean that all is well in his world! HP Lovecraft was a must with his rendering of spirits crossing over into the real world. Great continuity from the 1st scene throughout with a portal from which baddies can cross. We see Dr. Visyak, who surprise, was Bobby’s lover/900 year old monster escaped from Purgatory who loves Earth & who wants nothing more than to keep Purgatory from ever being opened, again! The boys’ unlikely partner is BALTHAZAR who is KIND of torn between helping them stay Castiel’s masterminded hand & being a good ally to Cass. It seems that Castiel is powerful & becoming even more so with the nuclear monster souls which are “a means to an end”, winning the heavenly war. Castiel realizes that Balthazar went to the Winchester’s, end of ol’ Balthy by angel dagger via Cass! Positive: Cass can win his war. Negative: that monster part may be affecting him just a little bit!
Onto “The Man Who Knew Too Much”, “Carry on My Wayward Sons” by Kansas, blares in it’s entirety, pleasing fans world wide! We see Sam running into a familiar bar, meeting someone who just helps him stranger that he is, but with Sam not remembering anything about anything! Sam remembers a hotel, again familiar, passes Bobby in the hall but doesn’t recognize him. The room, which has lots of info about Sam & the Impala’s keys, leads the two to a place where Sam confronts “souless Sam”, strong, tough & merciless! We learn that when Castiel let Sam’s wall down earlier as a Dean distraction, that Sam breaks into pieces: the real Sam, soulless Sam & then the Sam who remembers Hell. Surprisingly, the real Sam kills ol’ soulless & hellish Sam won’t even put up a fight! So Sam wins! Jared does an amazing job in each of his Sam characters, truly amazing! I have to say, Cass letting Sam’s wall fall just to get Dean & Bobby out of his way, total letdown for me! This was written to subtly, so easily that as a fan, I will survive the summer! …..Also shows how far Castiel is willing to go to win his war!
Our angel showdown occurs in the mortuary between Castiel, Crowley & Raphael. Cass, in a very “Winchester” move, earlier replaces the virgin/monster purgatory blood with dog blood. We see Raph & Crowley performing the spell to open Purgatory to no avail! Crowley bragged earlier to having a better deal with Raphael until he sees Castiel glow nuclear. Crowley runs like a girl, leaving Cass to snap his fingers, blowing Rapael to smithereens! Payback….. So the end of Raph, end of the heavenly war but Cass seems determined to get rid of ALL of his heavenly enemies, Raph’s followers, or so he rationalizes for not giving up the monster souls! At this point, Dean scarily realizes that this is not Cass but something about to explode them all! Never seen Dean scared & really trying to talk his way out but it happened here! Misha’s acting is beyond excellent here, scary good! I was scared!
Sam stumbles in at this moment to save the day…. dagger in Castiel’s back, to which nothing happens! Cass calmly pulls the dagger out & states that “I am no longer an angel but your new god!”
This puts the Castiel story into an entire new realm! Is Cass evil? I still profess noooooo! How can anyone be filled with monsters & not be a monster I say?! So this cliffhanger goes as such: will Castiel follow this path? Or can Dean save him? We know Dean, he will do everything possible to save his nerdy, trench wearing friend! This storyline has just been blown wide open, nothing closed about it!
Thank you writers for your mercy! As in Sam is not slobbering on the floor! Speaking for your fandom, you have left us with hope that although Sam’s wall came down, he will survive. This will certainly be continued, Cass has to save him yet, as promised!
I have to say that as much as I wanted to watch this finale, emotionally I almost couldn’t! I will live for September as will many! There is hope for the Winchesters & Bobby, & I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON CASTIEL!! So the saga continues… Our summer will progress & the fandom will search feverishly for all things supernatural! On that note, stay tuned! The European cons are happening as we speak, new Supernatural vids, pics, quotes! From here, keep hunting…. supernaturally!!! And yes, it will be a long, hot summer!!!!!
By: Donna Gafford